Monday, January 15, 2007

7 Things I have learned planting a church

1. It's Hard

2. Without a call from God do not plant a church (Prov. 16:9, 21:30)

3. Jesus builds the church not me-Christ is supreme and suffient in doing so. (Matt 16:18, Col 1-2)

4. It is very often harder for christians (including myself) to comprehend repentance and live for the kingdom of God than it is for those who do not yet know Jesus. (Matt 21:31-33)

5. God uses ministry to "get you done" before he uses you to "get ministry done".

6. Prayer is your greatest assest. I still do not do this well, but God in his love pushes me to me knees constantly (Eph 6:18)

7. It's Really Hard

1 comment:

KS said...

Steevious,

As a former attender of a church plant in College Station, Texas, I agree, it's really hard to be in one.